Do you ever have one of those days when EVERYTHING annoys you? Even when it shouldn’t?
I had one of those days recently – at the gym nonetheless. It started when I was struggling with my snatch form, and then overhead squats – and then it just went downhill from there.
(this is me. annoyed. at myself.)
Which got my thinking about do’s and don’ts at the gym (because I felt bad since I was definitely having a DON’T day by being whiny and not talking to anybody) and……..
What NOT to wear to the gym (not sure how my mind traveled here, but it did):
- Unsupportive sports bras
- Ladies, these HAVE TO GO. Seriously. No one wants to see that – besides, doesn’t it hurt??!
- Heavy perfume
- There’s nothing worse than sucking wind and getting the smell of cologne/perfume stuck in your nose/mouth/throat during a workout. A little body spray is cool, heavy perfume? Not cool.
- Too tight shorts
- Fellas, I’m talking to you. I know you’re working on your quads. I know you’re working on your glutes. But when they start to get bigger due to all the protein shakes, PLEASE buy some bigger shorts to fit your new muscles. Please!
- Cotton retains water. It’s science. And since we all go to the gym to get our sweat on, your cotton shorts, cotton underwear, and/or cotton shirts are all going to soak up the sweat. And then make your clothes nice and heavy. And then they’ll start to sag. And chafe.
- Smelly clothes
- It’s inevitable – your workout clothes are going to stink after awhile. Especially if you’re a heavy sweater. So if you catch a whiff when you’re working out, it’s most likely your clothes. Which means it’s time to pitch them! Here are some tips to make them last longer: hang to dry, don’t use fabric softener, and wash them right away or hang to dry (don’t let them sit in their own sweaty pile until you get around to doing laundry!).
- What do you have to add to the list? What should you NOT wear to the gym??