Thank you for all the nice comments on my wedding photos – you all are so sweet. I’m looking forward to doing a wedding re-cap on our anniversary!
Re-reading all those comments really made my day today. It was one of those days. You know, one of those days where everything is hard, you get nothing accomplished, and the world just sux in general. I’m normally really upbeat on the blog, and my life is pretty darn great 90% of the time, but it’s that remaining 10% that gets to me.
Not to get too personal, but my ex and I don’t have the best relationship. Yes, it’s not horrible, but it’s not great either. We remain friendly for C’s sake, but I normally take the brunt of everything. I do it because I love C more than anything in this world and I don’t want him to ever see his father and I fighting or disagreeing about him. I’ve really learned to just let the things that he says or does go. It’s taken a REALLY long time to get to this point, but it’s so worth it. I’m the only one who ends up getting upset in the long run anyways, so why waste my energy?
However, the past few months I’ve really been affected by him. I don’t know if it’s the way he’s handling things that is getting to me so bad, or if I’m just under a lot of stress and don’t have as thick a skin as I did before, but I haven’t been able to just “let it go”. This is not healthy. I’m already stressed out from all the jobs I take on and being a mom and wife. I can’t afford to let him affect me this way.
So, today is the day that I vow to “let it go” from now on. I know I may have some setbacks along the way (hopefully none involve me punching him in the face), but at least I’ve acknowledged the problem and I’m aware that it IS a problem. I want to get back to that happy place where the things he says and does don’t affect me.
Not only for me, but for this guy, too:
Here’s to a new day!
Do any of you have any advice on how to “let it go”? I’m open to suggestions!