I Have a Plan
Things are about to get serious, people. I was supposed to start my NYC marathon training last week but since I can’t run yet because of this stupid ankle sprain I had to come up with an alternate plan.
I mean, check out this photo of the start of the NYC marathon. Talk about intimidating!
I went to the PT last Thursday and she told me that in order to get better she recommended PT twice a week for a month! I gave her a “look” when she said this and then she said “November 6th is going to be here before you know it.” Ugh, I hate when she’s right.
My biggest problem right now is keeping my cardio up. This is key (and sucks at the moment). Especially since I can’t teach step now either, the only cardio I’m getting is from the bike.
So, here’s the plan for the rest of this week:
- Monday: Rest (my ankle is a little swollen from all the housework and painting I did yesterday)
- Tuesday: 15 mile bike ride
- Wednesday: 60 minutes deep water running
- Thursday: Rest (or swim if I feel like it)
- Friday: 20 mile bike ride with J
- Saturday: Spinning class if my ankle feels good (I can’t wait – it’s been too long!)
- Sunday: Rest
I’m also setting goals each week.
I wish I could say I normally just stick to my weekly goals, but obviously I don’t or I wouldn’t be writing them here. I need some serious motivation.
- In bed at 10:00 (this is a hard one – typically I don’t get up to bed until 11:00!)
- Stick to the plan (see above)
- Find (and buy!) spinning shoes
- Book NYC apartment, condo, or hotel!!
What are your goals for this week?