Man, for someone who claims that her blog is all about balance sure needs some help right now. Life is just plain cray-cray. In addition to everything else, I’ve started triathlon training (more on that to come) and I’m in the process of fixing up my condo.
Remember when I told you guys that I was a landlord? Well, my renters of 5 years finally decided to buy their own house and leave me hanging (I kid, I kid, I knew they were going to be moving soon). My new renters are moving in on June 15th and there is SO MUCH to be done before they move in. Like overwhelmingly so.
- Paint the living room, dining room, kitchen, bedroom closets, and all trim – done!
- Replace hot water tank (ugh) – done!
- Replace kitchen cabinets – HUGE project
- Install new closet organizers
- Install new ceiling fan in one of the bedrooms – done!
- Call an electrician to come fix the dining room ceiling fan that is sinking(!)
- Replace bathtub towel racks
- Replace all lightbulbs
- Order new bay window ($$$) – done!
- Replace screen in master bedroom window
- Schedule cleaners (got a Living Social deal!) – done!
- Landscape the patio area
- Transport our refrigerator and stove to condo (we’re getting new ones – yay!
- Get rid of old stove (fridge is already gone)
All before June 15th. And this is all in addition to work, C’s baseball games, my training, blogging (or lack there of), teaching at the gym, J’s soccer games, and C’s end-of-school-year activities.
Talk about a panic attack.
But I can at least say that progress is being made.
Hello, old as dirt, ugly cabinets – so sad to see you go.
Ahhhhhh!! I’m in LOVE with the paint job! And I’m sure that once the new cabinets are installed the kitchen is going to look amazing, too. Nothing a little paint and love can’t fix.
Luckily I have my parents, who I pay nothing, which is basically slave labor, helping me and J. And, luckily, they’re happy to do it.
Btw, you’d be surprised what people leave behind after living somewhere for 5 years (leopard print undies????). Good thing the cleaners have been scheduled……..
Anyone else out there have to deal with renters, or landlords? Any good stories???