Glad you guys enjoyed the video of Biggie! I guess I should have mentioned that J had covered the back side of the baby gate with plexiglass. That’s why he couldn’t get a grip with his feet! So now we’ve since bought another gate and stack them one on top of each other. It seems to be working (for now!).
Anyways, I was thinking today as I was starting to prepare for my weekend that I don’t think I’ve ever mentioned that I’m going to Fitbloggin. It’s being held in Baltimore this weekend!
I had originally made plans to go with Allison some time ago, but she had to back out due to her lame work trip to Jamaica (seriously, whose work takes you to Jamaica??!………….so jealous). There are some other great bloggers going, too, but I’ll definitely miss my partner in crime!
In any case, I’m going to be honest about this weekend. I’m nervous. Yes, I know that makes me sound like a sissy, but it’s the truth. But let me explain why:
- I’m not a big time blogger, I do this for many reasons but I do not do it to make money
- I’m not great at first time meetings – I’m better after I’ve gotten to know you. So I feel like I don’t really get to show people my true personality in such a short time frame.
- Will anyone even know who I am?
- Most of the other bloggers are 4 to 5 years younger than me!
- People taking pictures left and right and getting a picture of my azz and posting it on their blog. Not that anyone will take a picture solely of my butt, but you know what I mean. No one needs to see that. I like having control of the pictures that get posted – my blog, my pictures.
It’s definitely going to be an experience and force me to get “outside my box”. But that’s OK. I push other people to do that every time I teach a class and need to practice what I preach. Try before I cry, right??
I made a batch of cookies tonight for a friend and ended up eating way too much of the dough and now have a belly ache. #Fail
Ugh, I do it every time I’m nervous!
But for now I’m trying to focus on the positive. I’m looking forward to meeting new people and seeing the city of Baltimore, since I’ve never been there before! Is anything a MUST SEE (or eat)?
Do you have trouble in big crowds with new people? Or are you a natural socialite??