Once I decided I wanted to dive head first into triathlons, I couldn’t get the idea of hiring a coach out of my head.
Originally it was because I wanted to do the half Rev3 in Sandusky this year, but it’s become much more than that.
- I want to get faster (with running and on the bike)
- I’ve never even done an outdoor triathlon before
- I’ll be training for the Chicago marathon and triathlon training at the same time
- I want to stay injury free <——–priority!!!
- I want to learn more about the sport
- I’ll be training in the summer heat and this will force me to not skip any workouts since I have to report back to Coach!
But I was so tentative. Where do I find a coach? What if we don’t have the same training philosophy, or personality? If this person doesn’t even know me how can he or she help me train?
Well, besides all the new friends I made when I spent the weekend at Mohican with the Cleveland Triathlon Club, I also met Coach.
Hey, Coach! Hope you’re cool with me posting your photo on the internet for everyone to see.
He’s down to earth, a bad ass cyclist/triathlete, and just a nice person. And he ain’t playin around. Exactly what I need.
Plus, he puts up with my gazillion emails, constant schedule changes, and high maintenance-ness. That’s not always easy to find.
While I don’t have my eye on the half Rev3 this year anymore, I do have something pretty cool up my sleeve. And don’t think that I’ve given up my dream of the half just yet. It actually wouldn’t surprise me at all if 2013 is the year Heather becomes an Ironman. We’ll see!!
Have you ever thought about hiring a coach? What for (running, competitive eating, spelling bee, etc)??