I’ve mentioned it before, but I’m running the Glass City Half Marathon in Toledo on April 22nd.
I kept it a secret for awhile because I had a big goal in mind. A big PR. But I still wasn’t at the place to know if a PR was even possible.
But now that I know it is a possibility, I’m having ridiculous amounts of anxiety.
- Anxiety when I have a bad run
- Anxiety when I miss a run
- Anxiety when my friend (who is also running the race and trying to PR) texts me to tell me she had an awesome run
- Anxiety when I can’t find my favorite Grape nuun anywhere (!!)
- Anxiety because I don’t know what I’m going to wear yet (I’m not usually a planner, so I’m not sure where this one is coming from)
- Anxiety when I think about my asthma acting up that day
- Anxiety over my IT Band
And the list goes on and on and on.
I’ve never been this way. Maybe I’m scared of failing? Who knows. I do tend to put a lot of pressure on myself.
And then this week I’ve been having a lot of anxiety over the long run I have planned this weekend. I keep thinking “how am I ever going to meet my goal if I haven’t had a good long run in weeks?”. Any run 6 miles and under, I’m a rockstar, but these long runs have been BOMBS. It’s so annoying. I’m annoying.
So tomorrow I’m running. And that’s it. I’m determined to not put any pressure on myself. I’m going to wear my watch, but I’m not going to look at it until I’m done. I just want to enjoy being out there and getting it done. Wish me luck.
Do you have anxiety over pressures that you put on yourself? Or are you a go-with-the-flow type of person?